NOTICE OF 2018 ANNUAL GENERAL BODY MEETING AND ELECTIONS
The annual ISF general body meeting and the elections will be held on Sunday, June 24th, 2018. Voting will start at 5:00 p.m. and end at 6:30 p.m. General body meeting will start after Salat ul Asr. Election results will be announced after Salat ul Maghrib. Dr. Wasim ul Haque will preside as the Election Commissioner.
Note: There will be two (2) Board of Directors positions open for elections. Voting Guidelines:
1. Only members who have paid 2018 membership dues will be eligible to vote..
2. Individual and Student members are allowed to cast one vote each.
3. Family membership allows to cast two votes per family.
4. Absentee Ballot provision for family membership:
a. In case one of the voting member of the family expects to be unable to attend and personally cast the vote during the annual meeting, he/she can obtain an absentee ballot from the Chairman of the Election Committee upon request.
b. The envelope containing the absentee ballot shall bear the signature, address, and telephone number of the absent member and shall be delivered to the Chairman of the Election Committee by the family member, elegible to vote.
c. An absent voting member can ONLY cast his/her vote by proxy through the family member elegible to vote and also present to cast the vote at the ISF.
d. Except for family members, no absentee or proxy votes will be allowed.
5. Deadline for nominations for candidates for the Board of Directors was June 10th, 2018
6. Nominations from the floor during the annual general meeting shall be allowed if there are insufficient number of nomination papers submitted prior to the deadline, June 10th, 2018, specified by the notice of the general body meeting.
7. We are requesting all existing members to take some time to review their membership information, incuding changes in address, telephone numbers or maritial status and update by contacting Aroosa Khan, ISF Admin. The membership list will be placed on the masjid’s notice board for review.
We look forward to seeing you at the general body meeting. Your participation in election and general body meeting will help in making ISF a better organization to serve its members.
Jazak Allah Khair,
- June 21, 2018
- 0 Comment